Has your primary care doctor recommended spinal surgery for you? While there are a great deal of non-surgical treatments to remedy back pain or lower body weakness, some people may find that these options may prove to be unsuccessful. In the event that non-surgical treatments haven’t improved your condition, spinal surgery is an option to consider.
Do I need spinal surgery?
Spinal surgery may be an option for you if non-surgical or non-invasive options haven’t alleviated any discomfort or pain. Dr. Subach performs spinal surgery to promote greater relief when alternative measures haven’t improved your condition.
Additionally, spinal surgery can provide optimal relief if back pain should be extended down one or both legs or arms. This can be the result of either a complication within one or more spinal disks or overgrowth of a bone. It can be difficult to determine the exact cause on the surface and as such, Dr. Subach will advise X-ray examination to identify any present bone spurs or problematic disks.
Which form of surgery is right for me?
The form of spinal surgery best for you will ultimately depend on the condition you may be experiencing. Some forms of spinal surgery Dr. Subach performs include:
- Anterior Cervical Arthroplasty involves removing a damaged or degenerative cervical disc and replacing it with an artificial one. It is performed in the front of the neck as apposed to the back of the neck.
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion is a procedure that involves fusing together the spine in order to alleviate back pain. It works by essentially fusing two bones or vertebra together.
- Mazor Robotic Screw Fixation This is performed when two bones, or vertebrae, are moving and causing friction. The process involves fusing the affected bones together.
- Revision Cervical Fusion is a corrective procedure that may be necessary if fusion or other stability is not achieved with an initial procedure.
How can I benefit from spinal surgery?
When conservative treatment options haven’t provided you with optimal relief, spinal surgery can help:
- Improve your overall comfort and with it, your quality of life
- Improve your movement capabilities
- Reduce the amount of pain medication you take on the regular
Many patients have found that their lives have improved significantly following spinal surgery. With that in mind, it’s important to discuss and determine whether you’re a qualified candidate for any of the aforementioned procedures.
Led by Dr. Subach, Subach Spinal Solutions offers unparalleled expertise in numerous forms of spinal surgery. Dr. Subach and his elite team strive to ensure each of our patient’s is well educated of their medical concerns as well as the treatment options available to them. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation and take the next step towards a happier, healthier quality of life. We look forward to hearing from you!